Individual Prenatal Course
Our individual prenatal course in English is destined for expectant parents who do not want to take part in a group course. Each birthing experience is different, and therefore, your childbirth education should be unique and tailored to your specific needs and concerns.
Arrange your date and time with the coordinator.
- Changes in late pregnancy: Physical and emotional changes, Healthy living in pregnancy, Nutrition, Breathing
- Signs that labour is about to begin: First stage labour, Dilation, When to go to the hospital, Specifics of Czech maternity hospitals, Things to take to the hospital with you, Formal admittance to a hospital’s labour and delivery area
- The role of a birth partner: What will a birth partner need to do during labour?
- Pain relief options at first stage labour: Relaxation, Breathing, Possible labour medication for pain
- Labour: Variations of normal labour, Caesarean birth, Self-confidence and assertiveness; Second, third and fourth stage labour; Labour support – your partner, a doula, a labour and delivery nurse
- Postpartum: Emotional and physical changes after birth, Postpartum blues vs. depression
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- Introduction to newborn care: Newborn behavior and abilities
- Family changes: Living with a newborn
- Parenthood: Being a parent – expectations vs. reality, Possible sources of support for parents
The class is always taught by an experienced maternity nurse, a teacher of prenatal courses or a certified doula.