Weekend Group Course – Childbirth Education
APERIO has offered childbirth education since 2002 and has always been cooperating with well-experienced childbirth educators, midwives and doulas. Moreover, since 2002 we publish and update a guide of maternity hospitals. All our classes for expectant parents are therefore a rich source of dependable information on having a baby in the Czech Republic.
Our one-day childbirth education class in English is designed for expectant parents who wish to take part in an intensive small-group course in Prague. The course offers a specific time to focus on pregnancy and childbirth, with the aim to make the whole process more real – especially for expectant fathers. It is also an opportunity to meet other parents-to-be and socialize. You will also learn about specifics of Czech maternity care.
- Changes in late pregnancy: Physical and emotional changes, Healthy lifestyle in pregnancy, Nutrition, Breathing
- Signs that labour is about to begin: First stage of labour, Dilation, When to go to the hospital/call a midwife, Specifics of Czech maternity hospitals and maternity care, Things to take to the hospital with you, Formal admittance to a hospital’s labour and delivery area
- Role of a birth partner: What will a birth partner need to do during labour?
- Pain relief options in labour: Relaxation, Breathing, Possible labour pain medication
- Birth: Variations of normal labour and birth, Caesarean birth, Self-confidence and assertiveness; Second, third and fourth stage of birth; Childbirth support – your partner, doula, midwife
- Postpartum: Emotional and physical changes after birth, Postpartum blues vs. depression
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- Introduction to newborn care: Newborn behaviour and abilities
- Family changes: Living with a newborn
- Parenthood: Being a parent – expectations vs. reality; Possible sources of support for parents
Due to a limited time of one day we are not able to cover fully the topics of breastfeeding and newborn care. Please do not hesitate to contact our courses coordinator to arrange individual/small group classes covering these topics.
Rebeka Švecová – Is a midwife with a bachlores degree, a graduate of the Aperio Academy of Antenatal Lecturers and a lactation consultant. She is the mother of 3 small children and therefore has her own experiences in relatively recent memory. „This period of life has always fascinated me, but it was only through my own children that I realized how profound the changes are and at the same time what little things can make the journey more difficult or easier. I would like to pass on this personal and professional experience to other women who are interested and in need.“
Možnost platby kartou BENEFITY
You have the details of what to expect during labor and immediately after.
Basics of handling the baby.
Great to have earlier in the pregnancy and amazing to have it in english and ask all your questions.
Gives a good overview of what to expect in the hospital.
Great beginers class for the first times.
It gives you general information and prepares you with knowledge about childbirth. Mostly focused on the labour.
Childbirth and newborn care course focus on needs of mother, baby and partner. Focused on natural methods.
Good information, a lot of space for questions.