Individual Prenatal Course
Our individual prenatal course in English is destined for expectant parents who do not want to take part in a group course. Each birthing experience is different, and therefore, your childbirth education should be unique and tailored to your specific needs and concerns. NEW: we also provide courses in German, French and Spanish.
- Changes in late pregnancy: Physical and emotional changes, Healthy living in pregnancy, Nutrition, Breathing
- Signs that labour is about to begin: First stage labour, Dilation, When to go to the hospital, Specifics of Czech maternity hospitals, Things to take to the hospital with you, Formal admittance to a hospital’s labour and delivery area
- The role of a birth partner: What will a birth partner need to do during labour?
- Pain relief options at first stage labour: Relaxation, Breathing, Possible labour medication for pain
- Labour: Variations of normal labour, Caesarean birth, Self-confidence and assertiveness; Second, third and fourth stage labour; Labour support – your partner, a doula, a labour and delivery nurse
- Postpartum: Emotional and physical changes after birth, Postpartum blues vs. depression
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- Introduction to newborn care: Newborn behavior and abilities
- Family changes: Living with a newborn
- Parenthood: Being a parent – expectations vs. reality, Possible sources of support for parents
Rebeka Švecová – Is a midwife with a bachlores degree, a graduate of the Aperio Academy of Antenatal Lecturers and a lactation consultant. She is the mother of 3 small children and therefore has her own experiences in relatively recent memory. „This period of life has always fascinated me, but it was only through my own children that I realized how profound the changes are and at the same time what little things can make the journey more difficult or easier. I would like to pass on this personal and professional experience to other women who are interested and in need.“